The best bookstore in the world can be found on the Greek island of Santorini, according to National Geographic’s book “Destinations of a Lifetime” which takes readers on a photographic tour of the world’s most spectacular destinations, inspiring tangible ideas for their next trip.
Atlantis Books in Oia, Santorini, was ranked No. 1 by National Geographic for the world’s top 10 best bookstores.
National Geographic notes: “A decade ago, a group of friends from Cyprus, England, and the United States founded this bookshop, now in a gorgeous home overlooking the water in Oia, Santorini. The store has hosted readings on the terrace, bookbinding classes, and food and film festivals.”
Top 10 Bookstores
1. Atlantis Books, Santorini, Greece
2. Cafebrería el Péndulo, Mexico City, Mexico
3. Munro’s Books, Victoria, Canada
4. El Ateneo Grand Splendid, Buenos Aires, Argentina
5. Powell’s City of Books, Portland, Oregon
6. Prairie Lights, Iowa City, Iowa
7. Shakespeare and Company, Paris, France
8. Gertrude & Alice, Sydney, Australia
9. Librairie Avant-Garde, Nanjing, China
10. Cook & Book, Brussels, Belgium